Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Visitor

Last Saturday, BZ was visited by 68 years old Mr. Arief - I forget the complete name – but it doesn’t matter. It has been two weeks he supervised BZ before joined the class.

Who is he you said? Well from the introduction I catch that he was with Ms. Meutia Hatta Found LIA in the seventies. Don’t know much about his previous activities, he just said that he is in retirement but sure that he’s the one who knows well about English from his good Pronunciations, and word orders while speaking but not master it, as he said that no one can master English even the Native coz English is language which has the largest number of vocabularies – more than 2 millions- that impossible to be learned by heart. He also said he will do something to help BZ in improving English especially in Phonetic side but he will need 2 months to observe BZ before doing that ‘project’.

He reminded me actually with some of my lectures, I could say it Dead lectures I really hate - phonetic, semantics, syntax and all deal with linguistics – that he said quite important in English – in Professional context not amateur.

yeah…again and again I should feel guilty to my academic background. This actually is my responsibility to know, to study about such linguistics skill but you know what happen to me today?? I even don’t understand well any single of it??. people say, never say to late to study, but life speeds up so fast that make me getting older and older, limiting my time, absorbing my memory gradually, and make me become hard learner rather than a fast one. Frankly speaking I am regretful of my neglectful time during my university years. Completely regretful..!!

No comments: